Forum is painfully slow. Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
It's been like that for me since AW came back. I assumed it was a result of the beefier security. If slower posting is what is takes to avoid the trolls then that's fine by me, although if I can do something to speed up load times that'd be cool.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
It's been slower than before, and intermittently very sluggish (to the point I give up when I'm on my tablet.)

I figure it's probably the new security software, and come back later.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
It's all that social distancing. Everyone's at home and on the internet. Well, it's not that far-fetched. I understand Netfllx Europe have lowered their streaming rate - it's a capacity thing.

I imagine the mods will be by in a mo with an answer.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
It's been intermittently slow for me since AW returned, but I assume that was because of the new security requirements. I imagine the site is getting more views and logons and posts than usual too, because we're all trapped at home and spending more time on the internet. I've been relieved that our ISP has, thus far, been up to the challenge. My internet is still fast and reliable (knock wood), but we pay for high speed internet, being gamers. Now it's proving handy with all the time I'm spending on the web trying to get my canvas sites for the classes I teach set up for being completely online (I just used canvas to supplement the class before).

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Yes; it's the security software.

There's not a lot I can do; when there's a lot of activity from non-members, the software has to essentially challenge the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.