Cadbury Mini Eggs

What is your personal opinion regarding the best Cadbury Mini Eggs?

• Cadbury Mini Eggs Shimmer Milk Chocolate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
These are small chocolate eggs surrounded by a pastel sugar shell.

I love them. Not, I hasten to add, the white chocolate ones, but the two that I've tried, milk chocolate and "Royal" or dark chocolate.

There's a fourth variety; new to me, called Cadbury Shimmer Mini Eggs.

I've attached a poll, but I'm interested in opinions.

I have thus far been unsuccessful in obtaining any eggs, but I am watching for them.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I voted for the Royal Dark but really, the too-rare bags of all-black jelly beans are the best part of Easter candy.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If this had been a thread about Cadbury Creme Eggs, I believe you would have had dpaterso in here lauding them in ode form.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I've only ever seen the milk chocolate ones (and I have a stash in my special chocolate drawer :D). Are the other versions American products?

Maybe? I only see the milk chocolate/dairy milk version on Amazon UK.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I was all excited that I would actually be IN BIRMINGHAM over Easter and could go to the largest Cadbury shop in the world and buy mini-eggs there. Alas, no European vacation for us this year. :-( I shall have to settle for the Hershey's version here in the USA.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Tough vote - never met a chocolate I didn’t like :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I was all excited that I would actually be IN BIRMINGHAM over Easter and could go to the largest Cadbury shop in the world and buy mini-eggs there. Alas, no European vacation for us this year. :-( I shall have to settle for the Hershey's version here in the USA.

Yeah, I should have pointed that out in the OP. Hershey's makes Cadbury products in the U.S. Sometimes in Canada you can find the UK versions.

I haven't had Cadbury Mini Eggs in the UK; I have had the Crème eggs and the bars, and they are not the same as the U.S. They are better.

That said see this:

We compared the UK's favorite chocolate to the version that's sold in the US — and we were surprised by what we found

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only ever had the milk chocolate ones. Which are clearly coated in heroin or something, because I was addicted after the first one. I would not have thought anything could exceed the Creme Eggs (to which I would love to hear an ode) in my heart, but these make a good case for it.

I haven't had Cadbury Mini Eggs in the UK; I have had the Crème eggs and the bars, and they are not the same as the U.S. They are better.

Better? That might actually be fatally delicious.

ETA: ap123 - Yeah, what is it with black jelly beans being so hard to find? I get that some people don't like them -- so let those of us with good taste take care of them!

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Whip off the wapper and taste the cweamy white intewia -- Cadbuwy's Cweam Eggs.

(Rip of the wrapper and taste the creamy white interior -- Cadbury's Cream Eggs.)

The line without the "r" was said by Jonathan Ross, a guy who was unable to pronounce "r", in a Cadbury's ad in the UK back in the day. The phrase has stuck and is amusing to me. :)

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Last year's addiction was Cadbury's Mini Eggs, but this year I've discovered Cadbury's Creme Egg Twisted:

Cadbury_94g_Twisted_Creme_Egg_75706.jpg