Bad taste (or little point) to query during the epidemic?

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
This is something that gives me a lot of pause :/ My story is set in a fairly dismal future Earth where the air itself is toxic so people have to live within closed environments and go through airlocks just to get to their cars and drive to work.

Having just lived through a few months of toxic smoke that meant we couldn't go outside (there were cases of people dying of smoke inhalation the moment they arrived in my city), it's definitely different! Now we *should* be able to go out we can't because of this stupid virus - but the sky is blue for the first time since last year.

I would read a book with your premise, and I've lived it more than once. Go for it.

Last edited:

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
There may well be war before long. Certainly environmental destruction is ongoing. I queried my environmental project anyway, despite each year being warmer, with less ice and higher seas and more carbon in the air. Some agents want to do the responsible thing and promote eco literature. Some agents solicit climate books. Some AWers rightly encouraged me to query despite the climate crisis we witness.

There already is war. My Ukrainian family has been displaced by the Russian invasion since 2014 … Also, I'd love to read more climate change-themed books. I hope you find someone to champion your stuff.