Not open for further replies.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
A question for those with medical knowledge if I may, please. Say a man suffers severe electrical burns to his face, bad enough that he loses an eye. He receives only very crude medical attention, and although he survives he is left horribly scarred. What would those scars look like six months later, and would he still be able to grow a beard to help cover them?

Thanks in advance!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Electrical burns generally are internal. You can sometimes get skin damage from some electrical burns. And they certainly could damage an eye. Tissues with a lot of water are conductive, while skin is less so and the current flows through the more conductive tissues.

BLAlley

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
writerblalley.wixsite.com
A question for those with medical knowledge if I may, please. Say a man suffers severe electrical burns to his face, bad enough that he loses an eye. He receives only very crude medical attention, and although he survives he is left horribly scarred. What would those scars look like six months later, and would he still be able to grow a beard to help cover them?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a retired residential and commercial electrician. How did the burns occur? The cause will determine the impact of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.