A message from Jim Wright on voting when your choice isn’t the nominee

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I regularly read Jim’s Stonekettle Station blog. I thought this was a particularly timely entry.

Happy Kittens Fart Sunshine

Jim Wright said:

I have no sympathy for your complaints in this regard. I had to make any number of decisions in war where there was no good choice. I still had to choose because it was my duty to do so. That's why it's called "Duty" and not "Happy Kittens Who Fly and Fart Sunshine."

Being assholes to each other, to me, most certainly won't change that.

All of you, you're going to have a choice to make.

And the probability is high that choice is going to be, for a lot of you, unpleasant.

That choice is going to require a certain degree of pragmatic compromise of principles on your part.

Refusal to choose is a still a choice -- one that shows a marked lack of principle.

Some of you need to start getting used to this idea because the universe doesn't give a good goddamn about what you want or about fairness or about your sacred principles. Doesn’t care.

You hate that these are your only choices?

So do I.

Too goddamn bad, those are the choices anyway.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
*Salutes Intro's Post with Blue Angels flying in the background, electric guitars and eagles screeching*

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I registered to vote the day I was old enough. Almost 50 years ago. I haven't missed an election/vote for anything since. In the greatest majority of cases I was voting for the "other guy", but I voted.

MM