Reaction score
I’m willing to add to this, but I’m going to be pretty picky about “reliable.”

New Resources in Bold and Purple

COVID-19 Best Practices
An AW thread curated by yours truly.

NPR: What Each State is Doing to Fight The Coronavirus

Official State COVID-19 Page from California

Center for Disease Control on COVID-19
I’m not sure this is as good a resource as WHO. Increasingly, while I DO respect and trust Dr. Fauci, the CDC is controlled by Turnip's massive ego and tiny . . . hands. This recent policy declaration from CDC is pretty much proof that they can't be trusted. WASH YOUR HANDS. SOCIAL DISTANCING. WEAR A MASK.

CDC US Vaccine Data Tracker
Track distribution, vaccine received (remember people need two doses), and long-term care vaccine distribution in the US.

CDC on Twitter: @CDCgov

CNN Fact check: A list of 28 ways Trump and his team have been dishonest about the coronavirus
“President Donald Trump has been comprehensively misinforming the public about the coronavirus.”

Twitter List of epidemiologists, researchers, public health experts & journalists tracking COVID-19.
The list is curated by Josh Marshall of Talking Points Memo. Yes, TPM is left-leaning; science isn't.

NPR's The Coronavirus Crisis Everything You Need To Know About The Global Outbreak

Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Survey (Current numbers globally and for countries around the world, in as far as numbers can be up-to-date.)

COVID-19 Tracking Project
This is an ad-hoc project to collect data on testing and infections in the US using Google Sheets; see the link for sourcing data.

Australia's Department of Health on Corona Virus (COVID-19)

World Heath Organization on COVID-19
Data from 194 Member States.
WHO on Twitter: @WHO

H/T Tazlima: Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now
As Tazlima put it: “this article is particularly helpful in understanding how drastically social distancing can impact the spread of Coronavirus and how even a day or two of delay can make things significantly worse in the long run.”

New York Time has made all COVID-19 coverage free.
I almost didn't link to this; the NYT is perfectly willing to allow asinine opinions to be published; like Nazis arguing that eugenics is a great idea. In other words, look at the byline; is this an opinion piece? Is it from a journalist, a scientist, who is writing this, for what purpose, and what audience? Check the rhetoric; is it inflammatory or is it fact-based?

Via AW's Now You’re Cookin’: Cooking in the Time of Corona
Recipes from AWers for comfort food using pastry/freezer staples.

Snopes: The Coronavirus Collection: Fact-Checking COVID-19
As the potentially deadly virus spread from Wuhan, China, to the rest of the world, misinformation tagged along.

Be Warned: There's a fair amount of crap out there masquerading as data.

Here are the sources you should and shouldn’t trust on the coronavirus
Your timeline is a crowded social space full of updates, advice, cures, and warnings—and it’s causing a contagion of misinformation.

But you can take steps to avoid ingesting bad data. Here is what to trust, and what to ignore
:

How to Tell Who's Full of Shit When They're Talking About Coronavirus
There’s a lot of information and misinformation out there about COVID-19. But I’ve found that there’s one hallmark that distinguishes legit experts from quacks and attention seekers: if someone speaks with absolute certainty, they’re probably making shit up.
N.B. Consuming zinc and alcohol or gargling with vinegar aren't going to prevent the virus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.