AW is an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon UK affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a
voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

online thriller school

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: COVID-19 Best Practices

Threaded View

COVID-19 Best Practices

This is a work in progress.

Take COVID-19 seriously. While you may be unaffected, you can inadvertently transmit the virus to others who are more vulnerable. Be a responsible person.

If you are particularly vulnerable because of immune issues, or age, or if you are the care giver for someone who is vulnerable, consider self-isolation.

Social Distancing
    Limit your contact and exposure to crowded places, and try to maintain a distance of three to six feet from other people. COVID-19 spreads via mucus and saliva, including microscopic drops. Staying away from others is a good preventive measure. Here are more social distancing tips. See also: The Dos and Don’ts of ‘Social Distancing’. See also in Conquering Challenges Seniors/Eldercare and COVID-19. You’ll need a password.

Wash Your Hands
    Soap and hot water is preferred to using hand sanitizer. If you can't use soap and water, then use hand sanitizer and wash your hands as soon as possible.
    Wash for at least 20 seconds.

Stuck at a plot point? Wash your hands! Then apply moisturizer. (Me, I'm currently wearing Aveeno with Camomile and Lavender; it's almost but not quite too scented for me to enjoy. Otherwise, I fall back on Vaseline at work and Cera-Ve at home.

Disinfecting Surfaces
    Think about surfaces that are touched a lot, like counters and doors and light switches. You can make a solution to disinfect surfaces with ordinary household bleach. Bleach Kills the Corona Virus too. Note that you need to first clean the surface (dish soap and hot water if that's what you've got is fine).

Print this so you don't bring coronavirus home
    A printable multi-lingual tip sheet for those times when you have to leave home.

Masks for the Do-it-Yourselfer
    Masks you can Make at Home
    Several basics masks, including a mask that doesn't require sewing and uses hair elastics or rubber bands and folded cloth like a scarf or bandanna. These are not "medical grade." But they may help slow the spread.
    Last edited by AW Admin; Today at 03:15 AM.