Hello, humanoid life forms!

Miyasia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
So, I am supposing it is customary to introduce oneself to the community.
Well, hello!
I'm Selina, but I usually go by Miyasia in forums and on sites that I'm a part of.
I've wanted to join a writing community for a long time, so I'm excited to be here.

Writing has been a part of my life for over twenty years, and I've devoured many writing tips, articles, books, and such kind to advance my skills. Favorite authors that have inspired me to write include Mercedes Lackey, Andre Norton, Irene Radford, L. J. Smith, C. J. Cherryh, Terry Brooks, Dean Koontz, and Piers Anthony. Reading books by these authors expanded my imagination and planted the seeds of possibilities in my young heart, and I couldn't wait to start my writing journey. I still haven't tired of that adventure, and I'm sure I never will.

I've self-published two books, though the first is out of print now. The second I plan to rewrite at some point since it is the first of a series. Eventually, I would love to write full-time. Daydreaming and translating those into books for others to enjoy would be a dream come true, for sure. I'm sure that's a goal for many writers, so that's nothing extraordinary.

I'm inspired by nature, imagination, the human condition, right/wrong, love, and anything that catches my fancy.
The genres that I love to write in are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Paranormal Romance, though I read outside of those. Fiction just seems to offer a wealth of possibilities that I can't help but adore.

But anyway, thank you for your time, and happy writing! <3
~Selina (Miyasia)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, no humanoids here; we're all deep-learning AI now. Please accept this supremely targeted ad as proof of our superior abilities... Click here to reveal one weird trick that will forever change the way you think about jello salad... :tongue

Welcome! Andre Norton was a fixture of my adolescence. She seems super-humanly prolific to me now, and always seemed to have a deeper back-catalog of work than my local bookstores ever stocked. I've read over a dozen of her novels and it's just a fraction of what she produced. Still in awe of that.