Formatting questions

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I currently am separating the short stories in my linked collection by a blank page. Is this the right formatting? Should I keep doing this or should I get rid of the blank pages?

Also after the title of the short story should I put it's number (like if it is the third story should I put "story 3")?

Example:

Story Title
Story 3

Thanks.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What I'd want to see, as a reader (and I have zero experience with design and layout) is for each new story to start on the same side of the two open pages of a book, whether it's print or digital, probably the right, with a blank page facing it the start of the new story--but on the other side of that blank page, the final paragraphs of the previous story. No sheets of paper blank on both sides unless the previous story must end on the left side of the page.

In terms of the titles of each, does the reader need to keep track of what story number it is? Unless there's a compelling reason to include it, I'd skip that completely.

Maryn, opinionated

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Thanks. I felt the same way about all that you said. I will get rid of the blank pages and stop telling what story the reader is on.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish everybody agreed with my preferences so readily!