It Looks Like I am Going To be Euthanising My Cat This Afternoon

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I am taking my poor pws to the vet this afternoon. She is very sick and I think it is time to call it a day for her. I am obviously going to ask the vet what they think, but I shall be astonished if the vet disagrees. Min is about 20, so that's a long life for a cat. Before I adopted her, she was my mother's cat and much loved and pampered. She may have had a long life, but I am still dreading what I think is going to be that final journey.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am taking my poor pws to the vet this afternoon. She is very sick and I think it is time to call it a day for her. I am obviously going to ask the vet what they think, but I shall be astonished if the vet disagrees. Min is about 20, so that's a long life for a cat. Before I adopted her, she was my mother's cat and much loved and pampered. She may have had a long life, but I am still dreading what I think is going to be that final journey.

I'm so, so sorry. Hold her close.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awwww I'm so sorry! Long full life or not, it's still hard. (((((Hugs)))))

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm so sorry. It's gut-wrenching when the time comes. You are giving her a gift, as much as it hurts you, and you have given her the gift of your love all these years.

:Hug2:

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
That's so sad. it comes to us all famimal people and I am dreading when it's my turn. But you gave her a great life and a long one and they just don't live as many years as we do. No one can take away the grief that is to come and for that I'm so sorry. x

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Vet said Minnie's kidneys were shot. At her age I wasn't surprised, especially as she disdained -- and how!! -- the special renal diet cat food the vet recommended for her.

It always seems to be kidneys that get cats in the end.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry. :( Be proud of the awesome life you gave her tho.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I went through this almost a year ago. I bottle fed Scout as a newborn and we had been through a lot over 18 years. I forced myself to stay in the room and stroke her. The tears were dropping like rain. Even Dr. Burdett, who usually does more horse and cattle work, had misty eyes. It was very difficult but had to be done. It is always better to stay with them, for them and for you. --s6

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2::cry:

I'm sorry you lost your kitty today. Sounds like she only had a very short time anyway and it would have been painful. You made the right choice.

Last edited:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
God speed good kitty - stay away from any references to the rainbow bridge for the next 6 months unless you have a really good and strong constitution. Even now when I read it I bawl my eyes out. Sending good thoughts your way... *hugs*

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So very sorry, talktidy. Wishing you comfort.