15 years an AWer

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Just spotted that I've recently passed 15 years in here.

In 2005 I had a total of two pro-rate short story sales, was working full time in IT in Edinburgh and had made a grand total of just under $1000 from 13 years of writing to that point.

Fast forward to 2020. I live in Newfoundland on the shore. I write full time, have done so since 2008 and haven't starved us (2019 was my best year so far although I didn't relish the extra taxes I had to pay). I've had over 90 pro rate short story sales, my ebooks sell well and the current S-Squad series at Severed Press is doing very well for me.

I nearly quit all together in 2006 at a low point. I'm glad I didn't, and I'm glad to still be here.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thank you for sharing your success story William, and congratulations on living the dream!

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
You have been here longer than me and your considerably more a prolific poster. But I'm a master of cliche , I would just like to say , doesn't time fly.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the anniversary, and the sales! So glad you didn't give up.

SAWeiner

Reaction score
Wow. Congrats on the sales! It's been a while now for me too since I first joined AW, just a few months after you. Wishing you further success!