March 2020 Challenge - Write Every Day!

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Finished chapter 3 this morning. Will being edits soon while meditating on the best thing to cover in chapter 4.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Taylor--whoa, good job!
Everyone else--good job too.

This being the last day of the month I'm going to check in early today and declare that I will write two of the final eight micro scenes today. That'll round out March, which gets marked as a success.

This novel got started almost two years ago and over the course of a year got trashed and restarted and trashed again. Last summer I started snowflaking it out from scratch, while prepping the first book for publication. I had about 20000 words written by the end of the year, and started writing more earnestly in January. Beginning of March I had 46K, and this past month I wrote over 50K more--all the way to THE END--thanks in part to the various contortions and word-wrangling since 2017 but also, in larger part, to this accountability thread. So, my appreciation to you all for the space to set goals and announce progress. It really helps.

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Layla: Woo 1/2 page!

Keithy: Very excellent 1894!

Nice to see you, Cindyt. Enjoy the 1k club :)

Taylor: Great job finishing chap 3!

Patty: Awesome work! Glad we can be of assistance :)

864 words today and one chapter revised. Pleased to say I’ve hit my March goals of finishing and beginning edits of Book 2, proofing Book 1, and writing 20k of another project. Yay!

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor - each chapter is a milestone (hopefully not a millstone)
Patty - good job to you too - it's exciting to begin something, nice to end something.
April - well done on your 864.

I managed 1643 words done today. Kaylee interrogated a boy of her age using her Mermaid powers - although she finds it tiring to use them too much. She then demands information from William (the SEAL) and does rather less well. She falls asleep, and when she wakes, she has been locked in a room.

non-writing

Food shopping for the wife's father and brother. I call them "the prisoners" because they can't get out. Her father is in his seventies.

Very tired, need a day off. That's unlikely.

:)

Keep at it. See you in April.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy! Way to 1K!
Excellent, Taylor!
Congrats on a great March, Patty. (I agree - being able to tell people about what you’ve done - and that they care and understand :D:D:D:D
Hulloa Thread! Great people out there :D:D )
Congrats on the new words, and the revisions April
“mermaid powers’ ;) — great work today, K

Day 31 -

WIP. - a generous 1/4 page
R/SC - had tea & watched the sunset from my room
BP/$$ - earning service

katfeete

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunsetgrillcomic.com
And a wrap-up check in!

March writing: Pretty good! My goal was 10K written or revised on my WIP; I did 14.3K. I didn't write as many scripts for the comic as I intended, but I did get some.

March goals that weren't writing: *whomp-whomp noises*

Accountability: I enjoyed the community here, but I was pretty terrible at posting for the last half of the month. Life just got too goddamn distracting and even incredibly minor acts of socialization (like a forum post) felt like a chore. Still... I liked haunting the thread and keeping up with everyone's progress, even when I couldn't find the energy to post.

I'm debating whether to formally commit to the April thread or admit it's just Way Too Much Chaos right now to promise anything. I'll probably keep writing, unless things go really pear-shaped, but the way March went "really pear-shaped" might be optimistic....