Parasite

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
This is truly a "wow" movie. Brilliant in story, execution, and acting. It's deep and and chock full of thought-provoking imagery. Definitely deserving of all the kudos it's received. (And more, frankly. Some of those actors should have been nominated, too.)

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Which family did you sympathize with more?

That's an interesting question. I had conflicting emotions throughout--nothing so cut and dried as sympathy--about pretty much everyone. And my feelings were constantly shifting. I don't want to say anything spoiler-y (even though the movie has been available a long time), so I'll just leave it at: this complexity is one of my favorite things about the movie.

badatwriting

Registered
Reaction score
Which family did you sympathize with more?

I think this misses the whole point of the movies in some way. I'd say that the core thesis of the film is that capitalism makes monsters out of all of us, so neither of the families are truly sympathetic. I'd say I definitely dislike the rich family's dad the most of all these characters, but that doesn't mean that I think the rich family was downright terrible or that the poor family was absolutely in the right throughout.