2020 Call for Manuscripts

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's share any publishers' calls for erotic romance or erotica manuscripts.

What we need to know for each call is:
  • Name of the Call
  • Link to the Online Announcement of the Call
  • Requirements for Submissions (theme, word count, pairings, required features, etc.)
  • Deadline for Submission or Dates of Open Submission
  • Payment
  • Submission Information

It's important to include the link to the call, so writers can see it for themselves and decide whether to write for it or submit something already complete.

Let's work together to help our fellow erotica writers succeed.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Name of Call: Erato: Flash Fiction
Link: https://newsmutproject.tumblr.com/post/190662885494/call-for-submissions-erato-flash-fiction
Submission requirements in brief:

The New Smut Project is open to submissions for a third anthology, this one of beautiful erotic flash fiction. Send stories that will make pulses race and linger in the mind for nights--or years.
We seek stories that are sex-positive, body-positive, feminist, that offer positive portrayals of LGBTQA+, kinky, and poly people, by authors and about characters from around the world, from diverse racial and class backgrounds, of diverse body types, abilities, and ages.
All characters must be of legal age and express their consent.
Safer sex practices are awesome.
Details of realistic sexuality, from
arousal nonconcordance to stubbing your toe as you (try to) pad sensuously across the bedroom, will be received with delight.
We’re excited to publish #OwnVoices stories and stories from writers of color, disabled writers, and trans & nonbinary writers.

Any genre or setting–contemporary, historical, other worlds, time travel… And no limits on the gender or number of participants. Whether your characters find satisfaction through BDSM, fetish, or vanilla encounters, in long-term romances or one-night stands, it’s all good.

Shape the reader’s experience with a distinctive voice and fresh perspective. That voice can be sharp and vibrant or dreamy and meditative. Your piece can contain all action, or all dialogue, or wordplay (more zeugma, fewer puns). Reject clichés and embrace experimentation. Give us something surprising and most importantly, sexy.

Although all stories will receive one round of copyediting and be proofread before going to print, please make sure your piece is as polished as possible before submission. Every word counts in flash fiction.

Submissions: Original fiction, reprints, or stand-alone excerpts up to 2000 words
(Technically flash fiction is 1,000 words and under, but we welcome pieces fitting the spirit as much as the substance. If you need a few more words to tell the complete story, no worries.)

Pay: Published writers will receive $30 and an ebook copy of the anthology

Deadline: May 1, 2020. Stories will be read and accepted on an ongoing basis, so early submission is encouraged.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Maryn, pondering what she's got

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Maryn, pondering what she's got

For what it's worth, we don't yet have enough (and probably can never have enough) body-positive stories about people outside the Barbie & Ken ideal, stories that feature characters overcoming real-life awkwardness or challenges related to sex (even though these could make great flash-fiction-sized conflicts to drive sexy plot!), sex that isn't based entirely around penetration (not that it can't be hot ;D), and stories that take place internationally and/or historically (we had some great historical pieces in the first anthologies). And I really want to stress how excited we are to see authors and characters of diverse racial and class backgrounds & abilities as well, plus LGBTQIA+ writers and characters.

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Erato notes received?

MumblingSage - I just wanted to check that you lovely editor folks received my proof notes and blog interview info. Sorry to ask on the thread, but it seems like my emails aren't getting through reliably, and I don't have another way to contact you. (Your PM quota is maxed out.)

Please let me know,

-Liz_V
"Observer Effect"

rachelkramerbussel

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rachelkramerbussel.com
I'm editing Cleis Press anthology The Big Book of Orgasms, Volume 2: 69 Sexy Stories to be published in February 2022. Looking for original, unpublished 1,200 word or less erotic stories that center around or touch on the theme of orgasm, with the ideal stories between 1,000-1,200 words. All authors and types of characters/plots welcome; all stories must have consent, all characters must be 18 or older throughout, no scat or incest. Only looking for short stories, no poetry. Full guidelines at http://rachelkramerbussel.com/call-for-submissions and if you have questions after reading the call, email [email protected] and I'll respond ASAP. Final deadline is December 1, 2020 BUT earlier submissions get priority, and the earlier you submit, the better your chances will be. I'm doing this because often I get the majority of submissions at the end and have to reject them because they overlap in plot or subject matter with stories I've already edited. The details of the call may change depending on the types of submissions I receive, and will be updated at the URL above. Feel free to share this call with anyone who might be interested.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the call, Rachel. Much appreciated.

Come on, people. Something this brief should be easy, right?

Maryn, knowing short =/= easy

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, Liz, life has been WEIRD, but thank you for getting in touch this way. I don't know what's going on with the NSP gmail in your case, but try sending your author interview to [email protected] -- my backup email.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, Liz, life has been WEIRD, but thank you for getting in touch this way. I don't know what's going on with the NSP gmail in your case, but try sending your author interview to [email protected] -- my backup email.

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, MumblingSage! This has been the season of technological challenges for me, for sure. I've resent the interview info to your Yahoo address; fingers crossed!