My Introduction

PElliott

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My name is Patricia, and I'm a mom of four from BC, Canada. They are almost all adults now, which is hard to believe and makes me feel old *lol*. I hope you're all doing well on this fine Tuesday. :)

I'm typically a romantic suspense writer, although I have recently been dabbling in more dark fiction/horror. I started writing when I was a kid to escape bullying, and wrote my first full-length novel at 26 years old. Life got away from me though, and I gave up writing for over a decade. I started writing again in 2016 and had my first book published in 2018 just after my 40th birthday.

I really enjoy reading and watching both genres. Nothing like a good horror movie. My favorite writers are Lisa Jackson, Nora Roberts, Stephen King, K.L Ramsey, and Alice Renaud.

Aside from these, I enjoy mermaiding, when I have a decent mermaid tail to use, and when I'm not recovering from car accidents, which seems to be almost always.

My day job is in the security industry, which I've been a part of, off and on, for 22 years. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and help.

Have a great day, everyone!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am intrigued. Mermaiding, huh? Wow. My life suddenly got boring.

Still, we're pleased to have you join us. Welcome!

Maryn, poor swimmer at best

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, old Patricia:

My mom was Pat, and my younger sister is Tricia. Forty-something, eh? (ending interjection to make you feel at home :hi:.)

Chase, who's nearly twice your age!

Last edited:

PElliott

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, old Patricia:

My mom was Pat, and my younger sister is Tricia. Forty-something, eh? (ending interjection to make you feel at home :hi:.)

Chase, who's nearly twice your age!

I imagine that could get confusing. Pat, Tricia. *lol* Thanks for the welcome.

Does anyone know how I can quote multiple posts or reply to multiple people in one post?

Last edited:

kianashaley

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Patricia! Your intro's amazing. Congrats on getting published! I look forward to seeing you around these forums. :)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can quote multiple posts or reply to multiple people in one post?

From MacAllister's "Basics of Posting" in The Newbie Guide:

If you'd like to respond to one particular post out of many, you should quote it. Just click the "Quote" button at the bottom of the post you're responding to.
It looks like this: [" and says: "Reply With Quote"]

If you want to respond to several posts, you can use the multi-quote button, then click "Post Reply," and they'll all be automatically quoted in your reply box, when you click "Post Reply."
It looks [pretty much]like this:
multiquote_off.gif

Don't forget to trim the posts you're quoting so we don't all have to read the whole thing twice! You can just delete everything except for the sentence or two you want to reference.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

AnnoDE

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Patricia! Your story sounds familiar, although the decade-long hiatus I can't quite match. Life tends to get away, but we always come back to the writing. Don't feel "right" without it.