CONTRIBUTE

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
As soon as AW came up I contributed a substantial sum toward its upkeep. I hope you'll join me.

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
This is a great instinct. I made a donation a few days before it came back, more like a funeral offering than a true act of faith in its return. Still, I'm sure the defense and restoration process was costly.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you.

It's been extremely costly, and there are going to be higher costs ongoing.

We're not sorry that we stopped the Google Ads last year; Google was increasingly restrictive about the content, objecting to things like a discussion of mastectomy in the context of breast cancer, or an ACE & H thread about a news story that referred to BDSM; neither were at all explicit.

But we're having to pay additional licensing fees for more security software, among other fees.

Every little bit helps, and you can contribute without using PayPal.

Anne_B

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you.
Every little bit helps, and you can contribute without using PayPal.

I'm so glad you're back! FWIW, there's a January 15 PayPal you received from me, but I stupidly sent it before I put in a message giving my user name. I already have my PP receipt but if it's important for your records, it should be easy enough to figure it out from your January 15 Paypal deposits; if not, message me!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad you're back! FWIW, there's a January 15 PayPal you received from me, but I stupidly sent it before I put in a message giving my user name. I already have my PP receipt but if it's important for your records, it should be easy enough to figure it out from your January 15 Paypal deposits; if not, message me!

We only need a username if you want to have a thank you, or have the Benefactor member status. Mac is the only one with access to the PayPal account, but I can bump your status if you'd like; just PM me, and thank you so much for the support. Every little bit helps.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
I've got into the habit of making my Amazon purchases through the AW link for the UK store, so contribute more regularly that way. Thankfully the link was made available in a post on AW's Facebook page whilst the forum was offline, as I prefer to go in via the official link on here each time in case the link somehow drops off if saved as a 'favourite' on my computer (if that makes sense!). I had to hunt through all the posts and comments again to find the right link when I wanted to make another purchase at the end of last week though, lol - glad this site's up and running again as the link's easier to find here! :)

Anne_B

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We only need a username if you want to have a thank you, or have the Benefactor member status. Mac is the only one with access to the PayPal account, but I can bump your status if you'd like; just PM me, and thank you so much for the support. Every little bit helps.

TY/status upgrade not necessary -- I have the receipt so I know it came through! Just didn't intend it to be anon in case that caused you some issues.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
I'm just wondering whether there could be a one-off fundraiser to cover costs for this unexpected outlay, with agents / editors / published writers (we have some of those here, right? ;)) offering query / page / whatever crits in exchange for $$.

WriteOnCon (kidlit online writing confererence taking place this weekend) held a fundraiser for their conference in December and raised $16,000.

(I don't have the necessary skills/experience required to organise this, but there might be some willing members here who could take the suggestion and run with it. :))

Last edited: