Newest Newbie

bluedreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! My name is Frankie. This is all very new to me. I've never been a part of a forum before but I'm excited to gain the experience. I wanted to join because I'm hoping to have feedback from stories and poems I have written for my ultimate goal of being a published writer. I am currently a student and still learning but how can one gain experience without some constructive criticism? So here I am. I am currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo and am addicted to Podcasts. I'm juggling about 6 right now. My favorite genre is fantasy. I love nearly anything that Brandon Sanderson writes. My personal favorite being The Stormlight Archives. I also dabble in murder/mystery with author Sharon Bolton. She is amazing and I recommend her to any avid crime reader. A great book I've ready recently is The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. What a surprising and delightful read. I could not put that book down! I am working on my very first book and am excited to keep at it. Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk. :)

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Frankie. Take the time to actually read the stickies linked above, then look around a while--or dive right in. You're among your own kind here, you know?

Maryn, vacuuming the welcome mat

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! My name is Frankie. This is all very new to me. I've never been a part of a forum before but I'm excited to gain the experience. I wanted to join because I'm hoping to have feedback from stories and poems I have written for my ultimate goal of being a published writer. I am currently a student and still learning but how can one gain experience without some constructive criticism? So here I am. I am currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo and am addicted to Podcasts. I'm juggling about 6 right now. My favorite genre is fantasy. I love nearly anything that Brandon Sanderson writes. My personal favorite being The Stormlight Archives. I also dabble in murder/mystery with author Sharon Bolton. She is amazing and I recommend her to any avid crime reader. A great book I've ready recently is The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. What a surprising and delightful read. I could not put that book down! I am working on my very first book and am excited to keep at it. Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk. :)

:welcome:

Brandon started uploading 2020 editions of his free courses online, if interested....

2020 Courses: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSH_xM-KC3Zv-79sVZTTj-YA6IAqh8qeQ