• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers/CPs for Adult Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

_lvbl

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all! I'm resuscitating this old thread with an updated call for beta readers/CPs :)

I'm looking for a handful of people who would be interested in becoming beta readers and/or critique partners—ideally for the long haul. I'm a few weeks out from finishing my edits on my current WIP, and I'd love to have a few eyes on it before I send it to my agent. For now, I'd be happy to send OR exchange the first few chapters of our respective manuscripts to see if we mesh.

(Very) Quick Pitch: After her beloved twin sister is discovered dead in the town bog, Giovanna Contra is left with only two choices: sell her soul to the devil for a chance to turn back time, or try to move on in her current world, where she's now the prime suspect of her sister’s murder.

Think Addie Larue meets The Haunting of Bly Manor. It's a standalone adult fantasy at 100k, and also very LGBTQ+.

Thanks so much, and Happy New Year!

Last edited:

loiterer

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in doing a critique swap. My story is a YA fantasy novel of around 65,000 words, featuring a fifteen-year-old boy who must discover, without the help of his parents, why his sister is no longer his sister anymore. Normally I write LGBTQ+ but for some reason this story contains a heterosexual crush—short-lived, one-sided and with more comedic value than anything, if that's not usually your cup of tea.

PM me if interested. I have experience in beta-reading for others both here and elsewhere.

_lvbl

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm happy to read work that features relationships across the spectrum! I'll DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.