KDP Select rules?

authorMAF

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authormaf.com
I'm thinking of pulling my book from wide distribution to KDP Select since I only have the one book out, and it seems like it would benefit me at least until I make a name for myself a bit more.

However, I'm unsure I understand the following:

1. Can I put my book on Booksprout as an ARC (for pre-release)?
  2. It mentions I can send to professional reviewers for edits, but doesn't mention for reviews. Can I still send free copies to reviewers?
  3. Things like Voracious Readers require we send free copies in exchange for honest reviews - would this be not allowed then?

Thank you in advance for your help! :)

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
1) Yes, you can use BookSprout, just take the book down and end the ARC run before publication
2) Yes, you can send copies to reviews
3)Yes, sites like VR are allowed for a review. Amazon is fine with sending books out for reviews.

You just cannot have your book distributed free or otherwise anywhere outside Amazon while in Select. This includes selling from your website, anywhere. Unfortunately, some authors have gotten in trouble with Amazon because their books were on pirate sites though they had no control.

It also includes BookFunnel. You can post your book details on BF and advertise for sales but you can't post the book up there for free.

You can only post 10% of the book as a sample on sites so if you intend posting samples anywhere can only do 10%.

Make sure your books are off ALL channels before putting it in Select.

Good luck!

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Basically the site that distributes your review copy needs to use some kind of membership system, not open access.