What would be your karaoke song?

KML Quinn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threebagsofsugar.com
This is always a really fun way of getting to know other writers: what would be your chosen karaoke song? :)

Have fun (and get those mics ready!).

KML

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
BAND of GOLD!!!!! The Freda Payne version. "I wait in the darkness of my lonely rooooooom…. Filled with sadness, filled with gloooooooooom, HOPING SOON YOU WILL WALK BACK THROUGH THAT DOOR AND LOVE ME …"
Yeah. I never pass up a chance to coyote yodel with that song, on the car radio, at home, working in my garden with ear buds in.--s6

Last edited:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Second would be Johnny Horton's Battle of New Orleans. I used to teach history and I never started a lesson on the war of 1812 without launching into "In 1814 We took a little trip, along with Colonel Jackson, along the mighty Mississip…"

The same goes for "Sink the Bismark" --And for "The Night Chicago Died" when we got to Al Capone. No wonder my students called me Crazy Old Bat.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey, Willie, I touched a piece of history. My husband worked in the paper factory that put out the 45 cover to Honkey Tonk Women! We had a framed cover in our living room. At least until we could afford real home décor.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Hey, Willie, I touched a piece of history. My husband worked in the paper factory that put out the 45 cover to Honkey Tonk Women! We had a framed cover in our living room. At least until we could afford real home décor.

That is cool!

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
I have a bunch of songs I love doing at karaoke but my absolute favorites are:
1. Why Don't You And I by Santana featuring Alex Band
2. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
3. Any Shaggy song because no one actually knows the words so I can mumble my way through it and still get an ovation.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Last time I did karaoke someone dialed the wrong song and 'Ape Man' by the Kinks came on. Everyone was confused and no one knew the song, so I grabbed the mic and realized I know every word without thinking about it. Plus it's mostly talk-singing.

So 'Ape Man'.

I can also do 'In the Year 2525' by Zager and Evans pretty well. I'm a dork.

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing Compares 2 U. I'm not the best singer, but this song is easy for me. I wish I was better at fun songs, but I'll bust out some Backstreet Boys if I don't feel like taking life seriously.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Suddenly Seymour.

I mean, I know he's the greatest. But I'm dating a semi-sadist.

Love to wail out to that on spotify whenever I'm getting tired at the wheel. And did I mention I was Customer #2 in a community production of Little Shop of Horrors?

(Bob shebop, little shop of terrors
call a cop, little shop of horrors
whoa, whoa whoa whoo-a-a-oooh.)