Joined in 2005...in 2019, I finally got a 3-BOOK DEAL!!

AndreaGS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andreagstewart.com
I joined AbsoluteWrite back in 2005, when I was working on my first book and was just a baby writer. Everyone here was so kind, even when I asked some sort of silly questions :tongue. In 2007, I started querying that first book, and I found this site an invaluable resource. I still refer people to these forums and especially to the Share Your Work subforum when they don't know how to find other writers to exchange work with, or they're about to start querying.

All in all, I wrote 7 books. I queried three. Got an agent. I went out on submission with three books. The first two books out on sub didn't sell, so I did what I'd just gotten used to doing: I wrote another book. This book sold.

https://www.tor.com/2019/12/05/orbi...t-fantasy-trilogy-from-author-andrea-stewart/

It's been an incredibly long road, but this site taught me a lot about the craft of writing, the business of writing, and how to be part of a rising tide that lifts all ships! I met people on here who I'm still friends with and exchange work with.

I owe you all a huge debt of gratitude. Without this site, I honestly don't know if I'd be where I am today :e2cloud9:

Elle.

Registered
Reaction score
I saw the news in The Bookseller, congratulations! Perseverance and hard work have paid off. Enjoy your cloud!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Congratulations! That's SUCH awesome news. :) Way to dig in and do the work.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Hard work, perseverance.... Awesome story. Great inspiration for the rest of us looking to get out first deals made.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's great news. Congratulations. Always nice to know it can happen. :hooray:

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh!! That is amazing! I remember you from years ago, and this is so great to hear!!! The book sounds INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to read it!

Anne_B

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been impressed by the books Tor publishes so I'm looking forward to yours. Great author photo, btw!