• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers for an Upper MG Fantasy (80k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I'm currently working on a medieval fantasy story geared towards upper MG readers (ages 9+). It's clocking in at 80,000 words, though I'm hoping to continue trimming.

The premise is set around a fox village in the middle of a large forest, that finds itself harbouring dog refugees fleeing their homeland after a war with an evil force. The first half deals with tensions between the dogs and foxes, while the latter half focuses on a defence effort against the evil force. The world is inhabited by sapient canines and vulpines, and broaches topics such as classism and racism. There's what I would consider an above-average amount of violence for a MG story and some blood. The story has three primary point-of-views.

If you're interested in swapping a few chapters with me for a compatibility test, please reach out. I primarily read fantasy, historical fiction, and YA one-shots.

Thanks!

GeneBWell

Registered
Reaction score
Very interested. I’m writing an MG fantasy about kids who pair up with animal partners to enter a magical cooking competition. Would love to swap chapters!

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome, Gene. Sent you a PM.

t0dd

Registered
Reaction score
Very interested. I’m writing an MG fantasy about kids who pair up with animal partners to enter a magical cooking competition.

That sounds like something I remember spotting in the Query forum here a year or two ago - I know it was a MG fantasy whose young leads were in a magical cooking contest. Is that the same one?

Status
Not open for further replies.