Hello fellow writers!: An Introduction

CAHammer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

My name is Cady Hammer, and I'm excited to be joining this forum. I've never tried out a forum before, so go easy on me. I am a college student in the United States and the author of two Works in Progress (WIPs). One is a Young Adult Fantasy book called Chasing Fae, the beginning of a trilogy. Until recently, I have been querying for that one, and now I'm back to editing! The other is tentatively titled Bringing History Home, a nonfiction book about the future of history education that is being published with New Degree Press in July!

I've been writing since I was a child; I wrote my first full length novel when I was eleven years old in fifth grade. (That book will never see the light of day though.) I dabbled for several years with short stories and contemporary romance novel ideas, but I couldn't get myself to finish a book. There wasn't enough passion there; I always moved on to the next new idea. But Chasing Fae captures my imagination and my passion for storytelling, and this is the one, my friends!

I'm a history major and very passionate about historical and genealogical research! I'm a whiz with Ancestry; my ten year long efforts have produced a family tree with over 5000 relatives documented. I want to get my PhD in History after undergrad and pursue a career in museum work.

I love reading and writing fantasy and reading about writing fantasy. I'm hoping to find a community here that I can connect with and share my work with. I'm always happy to offer advice, particularly for young writers. I do beta read occasionally, but the topic has got to capture my attention.

Thanks for reading. Happy writing!

Last edited:

Ichabod

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the form. I’m a self-proclaimed history buff and write in that genre, so it will be great to see your work once you meet the qualifications.

SAWeiner

Reaction score
I'm also a history buff. I almost majored in the subject in college. I'm a bit older than you though. College for me was from 1981-1985. Welcome!!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: - Cady!

Soooo, I guess it's safe to say it's *Hammer Time*

What? - Somebody had to say it :Shrug:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Any historical periods in particular you're fond of?