• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

RXD Agency (Rachel Cone-Gorham)

IDGS

@LeaveItToIan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.iandgsandusky.com
Hi all,

This agent / agency has recently popped up on my radar. Does anyone have any info? They're listing themselves as a 'hybrid agency,' which I'm not familiar with. They do have a sale (to Kensington) according to PM, but the agency itself seems to be fairly new.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Well, you don't need an agent to submit to Kensington, so their sale there doesn't mean much to me.

Cone-Gorham has experience with Penguin Random House, so that's good. It's in marketing, though, so I'm not sure how well that translates to being an agent. The language on the site seems to imply she'll help with marketing self-published books? It's really unclear what the Creative Development side of the agency is.

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
The language on the site is very wordy but not very informative. I expect an agency’s site to show the books they’ve actually sold, but instead the author biographies are all about their personal lives.

Kensington is an amazing publisher with some really big names (and one of my all-time favourite authors), but Thedrellum is right: you don’t need an agent to submit to them, so I’m not sure that says much in their favour.