Currently Re-Writing My Outline.

Rojack79

Registered
Reaction score
So i started out writing a project that I ason lost interest in and decided to scrap it and start over from scratch. I'm now on chapter 6 of the rewrite outline and loving how the story is progressing so far.

I have the two main characters all set and ready to go. I have the awkward sexual tension slowly building and plan on introducing more challenges in the future to spice things up a bit.

All in all i can't wait to get done with the outline so I can actually start writing the story itself. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress as I get more chapters outlined.

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paullamb.wordpress.com
A friend once told me that the good ideas never really go away. I'm glad you're finding renewed interest in your projects. I recently revisited a story idea I first had more than a decade ago, and I've written a draft of the story finally. It's probably not quite what I would have done before, but it's a pretty good story as it stands now.

blake.e.weis

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve been in the same boat many times as well. But there’s been always been one that I’ve been on and off with for over ten years now

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your presistence is admirable. I think a quality of a good writer is knowing when and when not to give up on an idea. I have an idea for a novel that I plan to work on in the coming summer. I hope it looks as good in story format as it seems to in outline.

Rojack79

Registered
Reaction score
Currently on chapter nine so far. I think I'm doing well with Thor's characterization and making him out to be overconfident. I just hope I can pull it off without it coming off as lazy. Should I just post up my outline and let you guys pick it over?

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Should I just post up my outline and let you guys pick it over?

This is just my opinion but no, I would not recommend posting your outline. Get it to where you’re happy with it and start writing; let people critique your writing, not your outline. So, so much of storytelling is in the execution—it will be hard to tell from an outline whether what you have will work or not. And you will get picked over, because that is what people do when you post things for comment, which might end up stalling or even paralyzing you.

If you want to improve your writing, what you most need to do is write. Outlines are helpful, but don’t get so lost in perfecting an outline that you don’t get down to the writing.

Just my opinion—your own or others’ might differ.

:e2coffee:

Last edited:

Rojack79

Registered
Reaction score
For me i know that I will miss things, plot holes, this chapter might not make sence placed here so on and so forth and I won't be able to see it from my perspective as an author. Is it normal for outlines to get critiqued like a story?

Rojack79

Registered
Reaction score
Currently on chapter 17 for the outline. Hit a bit of a snag and still having trouble with just who the protagonist should be but other than that all is going well.