The 2020 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Swap!

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
Now that everyone's been guessed, I would like to sing the praises of Friendly Frog's To Be Told. It's a delightfully bizarre take on my 'talking to bees' prompt, and it's full of wonderful characters to boot. My favorites are the bemused beekeepers, but in a story where all the characters are so expertly drawn, I wouldn't be surprised if any one of them captures a reader's heart. You need to be told this Sisyphus 2019 tale!

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the stories I’ve read so far. For the investment in time of writing just one story (for those of us able to restrain ourselves) we’ve now got access to a whole bunch of stories. How cool is that?

I still haven’t requested everyone’s work, but I’m trying to get through my current list to prevent feeling overwhelmed by the volume of it all. If I haven’t messaged you yet, please keep a place for me at the table?

And many thanks to Cobra for the work he put in! Sign me up again next time, O esteemed leader.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I intend to be back for next year, for the ninth time. And also the summer (Northern Hemisphere) swap, which I've not done before.

I'll be back again next year!

Sign me up again next time, O esteemed leader.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I really do want to thank everyone once again for overcoming some significant hurdles during this Sisyphus season. To the newcomers, it's normally a lot more playful and less globally isolated. But man, the crop of stories produced proves the field of creativity among this group is truly fertile.

And if you haven't read Griz and the Autollama of Eriden, please do so. SciSarahTops wrote it for me and not only incorporated a very random request, but created a story that's both emotional and compelling.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Happy to announce that my short story The Battle of Poisons from the Maggie's Massive 2018 Sisyphus Collection has been accepted into the We're The Weird Aliens anthology, by AW's own MarlynnOfMany :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
T-Minus 2 months until the 2021 Sisyphus season!

Can you feel the excitement?

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
T-MINUS 1 MONTH UNTIL THE 2021 SISYPHUS SEASON BEGINS!

DO YOU SMELL THE AWESOME?!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! :hooray: Except... I still don't have a prompt. My idea generator broke. I hope it comes back from the shop soon!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Whee! :Sun:

Dare I recycle an old prompt or do I go with a new one? Decisions, decisions...

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I'd been wondering if I'd have time to to Sisyphus this year, but since crit group has changed its schedule, I thiiiiiink I should be able to. Just might have to be sure I keep the story I write on the shorter side. *eyeballs the gryphon story from last year that was supposed to be shorter than it was*

Now to think of a prompt...

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I have my prompt all lined up!

Or... actually, I need to pick one out of a pool of several that I've been adding to. I'm not saying that they're good, just that they exist.

So many decisions! :)

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get over myself and join in this year. A prompt just flew in and landed on my shoulder. It's a bit of a weird one and I don't know how appealing it might be, tbh. Still an' all, it should be one that has at least some potential for getting the story juices flowing.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Four days to sigh ups! :hooray: (okay, 5 days, cause you guys are living in the past *G*) Got my prompt all ready and I'm charged up! :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get over myself and join in this year. A prompt just flew in and landed on my shoulder. It's a bit of a weird one and I don't know how appealing it might be, tbh. Still an' all, it should be one that has at least some potential for getting the story juices flowing.

giphy.gif

I'd been wondering if I'd have time to to Sisyphus this year, but since crit group has changed its schedule, I thiiiiiink I should be able to. Just might have to be sure I keep the story I write on the shorter side. *eyeballs the gryphon story from last year that was supposed to be shorter than it was*

Now to think of a prompt...

MMDxk.gif

4 days, humans!

DAYS!!!!!

The clarion bell of awesome is ringing and ringing loud......

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Ssoon, my previouss.

Unless new inspiration strikes within the next week or so, I'm definitely leaning towards recycling my last year's prompt.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I need to actually think of a prompt now...

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I have a prompt! Now to see if writer-brain comes back any time soon...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you listen, you can just hear the distant rumble of restless prompts beginning to fill the air. They sense their impending freedom and soon it’ll be a deafening thunder.

T-Minus 48 hours until they are released!