I want to give this character a memorable moniker

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
Her backstory is that she is a superpowered space mystic, and arrived at her home planet in the nick of time to help repel an assault. She did this by teleporting between ships, slaughtering scores of enemies in a rampage before riding a crashing ship down to the surface. And she did all this by drawing on dark powers, and so is not entirely trusted. She is viewed as something of a dark saviour; awesome in the original sense of the word.

I have a pretty good grasp of English, but the feeling of certain words can still escape me. Can someone suggest a nickname or title that would somewhat fit this character?

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
'Dark Saviour' actually sounds neat to me. Other possiblities off the top of my head are Star Shadow, Space Sorceress, Moon Mistress, Solar Raven, Black Nova, or any combination or mixture of those. I know...I am probably really bad at this.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe not much help, but were I trying to come up with a name like this, I'd just keep playing around with syllables and letters until something clicked. Shuffle letters around. Say it aloud. It may take time.

Mysticara. Arimystica. Gorassaya. Gorsina, etc.,

Biffington

Father of a thousand spawn
Registered
Reaction score
She's a nightmare, but she's Our Nightmare.

Trouble Descending

Awefull

Or just use her last name, but let the way people refer to it do all the speaking for her. Stacey Rodgers could be a terrifying name for her enemies. People could talk about wishing another rival would get Rodgered.

AwP_writer

Registered
Reaction score
I really like Dark Savior too, at least for those she saved. When enemies with no hope of being saved refer to her, maybe it's Dark Slayer.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
To give an indication of where my mind has been, I considered "Riptide" for a while, but got told it didn't fit.

'Dark Saviour' actually sounds neat to me. Other possiblities off the top of my head are Star Shadow, Space Sorceress, Moon Mistress, Solar Raven, Black Nova, or any combination or mixture of those. I know...I am probably really bad at this.

I could actually work with something along these lines.

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe not much help, but were I trying to come up with a name like this, I'd just keep playing around with syllables and letters until something clicked. Shuffle letters around. Say it aloud. It may take time.

Mysticara. Arimystica. Gorassaya. Gorsina, etc.,

I do the same to create names for RPG characters.

Concerning the main subject, I feel I would avoid any name with Dark. But that's just my opinion.

Klope3

Registered
Reaction score
Wrath of the Stars.

Starfury.

Fleetkiller.

Maiden of the Void.

Voidfury.

Blood from the Stars.

Farfate.

Plain old "Nova" suggests something big, powerful, and unstoppable.