• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta or Novel Swap for 71k YA Contemporary

Status
Not open for further replies.

MynaOphelia

lost her spaceship again
Registered
Reaction score
Hello lovely people!

I am looking for a beta reader of a 71k Young Adult contemporary novel. I really enjoy novel swaps and would love to do that with someone! Details below:

Title: Let the Record Show (working title)

Length: 71k

Genre: YA Contemporary

Blurb: Alex Clark has spent the last ten years believing he was dying. But turns out, it wasn’t a stroke of genetic misfortune that kept landing him in the hospital: it was his mother, who had been slowly poisoning him in what becomes one of the most buzzed-about Munchausen by proxy cases of the decade. And while he’s left with some permanent damage that causes seizures and hallucinations, that's the least of his problems.

It's certainly easier than returning to school, where half his classmates think he was in on it and the other half still see him as the dying sick boy. Alex is desperate for any chance to rewrite the narrative about himself. But when he gets roped into joining a true crime podcast about his own mom, things turn on their head. Here is a chance to change the story--or if he's not careful, let it eat him alive.

Novel Swapping: I love novel swapping! I read YA and adult fantasy, science fiction and contemporary. If you're interested in sensitivity reads I can read for LGBT content (primarily L) or Jewish content. If your project is >100k I can still do it but it will take me longer to get back to you.

Content Warnings: Mental health discussion (psychosis, factitious disorder), ableist violence, ableist microaggressions, medical child abuse

Feel free to PM me or comment here. Thank you!

Last edited:

Animad345

Registered
Reaction score
Hi MynaOphelia! Would it be OK if I asked for the first chapter first? I want to know if I feel that I can actually offer good advice and criticism before I agree to beta read the whole thing. I fully understand if you'd rather not. Will PM email address if you would like to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.