Greetings! This is my first post!!!

DragonWithGlasses

Registered
Reaction score
I've always had a pretty wild imagination since childhood. Stories were such an attractive concept, their attractiveness mainly coming from the lack of limitations of which one could take advantage when writing your original narrative. I guess sometimes you can just feel potential brimming in your spirit.

Over the years, I kept coming back to writing as my thought processes evolved, until around seventeen years old I started taking it seriously as a profession. I don't think I got good until around nineteen. I'm twenty now, so obviously there's much room for improvement, and that's part of the reason I'm here. Plus, I just wanna talk to other writers. I haven't often been the most social of people, but I try, so it's nice to meet everyone! I look forward to sharing my art, getting advice, and making acquaintances :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, DragonWithGlasses. You can talk to writers here all day long if you let yourself, but then when would you get any writing done? It is affirming, though, to find so many people who are quite a bit like you all gathered in one place.

Maryn, in her hostess apron

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'm over 2 years into my learning craft, and I still have much to learn. It's a lifelong commitment.

B.D. Skunkworks

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Dragonwithglasses. :welcome: Still new here myself but I'm gettin' the ropes around here. You've been writing since you were seventeen eh? What genre do you write, out of curiosity? I'm looking for people with a YA fantasy/ sci-fi mindset.

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome, Dragon! You got an early start, and that's good. I didn't start writing seriously until I was 25 and didn't get published until 38, so, yes, you learn a lot over time. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about approaching writing, techniques, or grammar. My only advice right now, based on what you wrote, is take that active imagination and attach it to something that a reader can grasp.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
:welcome: Dragon!

If you want to chat to writers, this is the place. The Cooler is packed with writers -- trade published, self-published, unpublished -- as well as agents, editors, publishers, artists and booklovers of all types.

CJEvermore

Registered
Reaction score
Lovely to meet you! I'm relatively new here too. The community is really friendly and helpful, and I've been inspired through reading the posts. Enjoy!