Crisis on Infinite Earths

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, we're fast approaching the annual CW Arrowverse Crossover Event. This year the event spans five different shows, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman, giving us a five hour television adaptation of the comic book crossover from 1985. The crossover will feature three versions of Superman (the one from Supergirl, Tom Welling from Smallville, and Brandon Routh from Superman Returns as Kingdom Come Superman), Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) as Kingdom Come Batman, Mark Hamil as a live-action Joker, Erica Durrance from Smallville as one of two Loius Lanes, and Burt Ward (Batman 1966) in a mystery role, as well as many others.

I don't watch all of those CW shows. I mean who has that kind of time? I do faithfully watch The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, though, and I'm really looking forward to it. It was reading my college roommate's Crisis comics way back in 1985 that got me back into comics all those years ago.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Oh HELL yeah.

I used to watch all the shows but gradually dropped out (except for this year's Batwoman, which I've been enjoying), but I always tuned in for the multi-show crossovers because I love that kind of thing. I would have watched this anyway, but hearing Kevin Conroy would be involved clinched it for me. Now I see Mark Hamil's in it too? As a live action Joker?? For real???

This is me fangirling: :hooray:

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I’ve watched them all, and I’m quite looking forward to this. They’ve done a lot of set up over the years. One bit is that John Diggle’s wife is named Lila Michaels. She’s a spy. Her code name is Harbinger. She actually is Harbinger, aide-de-camp to the Monitor.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's fun so far, subverts a few expectations, and I am digging the cameos. That Burt Ward bit is such a treat.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Totally knew what was going to happen to the Flash from Earth-90. Like everyone else. Nice Lucifer cameo.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
The subversions have been good. I liked that Kevin Conroy appeared to be the Kingdom Come Batman, but turned out to be Frank Miller’s Dark Knight who was shown to be a massive jerk.

I really like Oliver becoming the Spectre. He even has the hood for it.

And Cisco sneering at the name Anti-Monitor was also fun.

The only parts that have felt clunky were the canon bits, e.g. Lila being subverted by the AM.