Hi, my name is _____ and I’m a Nom de Plume reincarnated!

allan_jacobs

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Wonderful community. Are pseudonyms allowed on the forum to protect one’s identity? I’m only asking because I am in desperate need of some advice which I can’t share openly.

Disastrously desperate.

Hope y’all are having a blast!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
No, sorry, everyone must use their real name. And real avatar pictures. I am, in fact, a giant dog who likes hugs.

(I'm teasing of course. Very few of us use our real names. Mine is a pseudonym as well. It's just like any forum here :) Welcome!)

allan_jacobs

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahahah! Thank you!

I had to read your reply twice before fully understanding it - blame fatigue and my insane sanity ;) for this awkward gaffe.

I am a puffy cat who likes long walks on the beach, travelling, and living life off the beaten path. I am looking for other cats between the ages of 1 CY (Cat Year) and 4 CY. Memories are allowed, because I am all alone in the moonlight. I can dream of the old days, because I was beautiful then. If anyone* is interested in a five-day courtship (maximum time allowed under the International Feline Marriage Act of 1801) kindly send a letter via mouse mail to:

1111 Memory Lane
Streetlamp 2B
Hate Humans Village
New Yorkies
U ESS AY

*Non-Catnippers preferred, must hate dogs and humans, must be aligned with the values of The Church of Nietzsche, and absolutely no unsolicited pictures of your p**** (paws - damn censors!) allowed!

allan_jacobs

Registered
Reaction score
My alter ego - the human one - does not allow any form of injustice or inequality. He is an activist. But as a fat cat, we have been at war with dogs and our slaves, humansssss, since Mother Cat gave birth to our kind many CY ago in a land far, far away called “Eeegyppt”.

(I stole the human thing’s “eyephone”)

Miawoami.

I MIGHT HAVE POSTED THIS ALREADY... My paws tapped on that other odd button above instead of this fastidious reply of posting button below. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Real names. I'm Unimportant. My cats tell me so all the time. (The dogs disagree.) (The chickens couldn't give a cluck.) (The cows are on the fence.) (Heh, I think I just made a funny!)