Hi all!

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just another newbie that wanted to stop by and introduce myself.

I haven't really used this board all that much in the past. I used to post pretty frequently on AQC but haven't in the last couple of years while I was working on my manuscript, and when I checked it out recently, it was gone! So I'm looking for a new home...

About myself:

Have been writing about 5 years. Used to focus on YA but generally I found I wasn't enjoying it. Managed to get a few bites on my last query with some agents a couple years ago but didn't go any further than that, but I felt like I'd been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so after seeing some of Rick Riordan's work for the first time I got really inspired and decided to go for MG, which I've spent nearly the last two years working on.

I like to read in several categories. Generally am a big fan of the Jack Reacher books, earlier Rick Riordan works, and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I'd say my favorite book of all time is the Vampire Lestat, but really fell in love with Pachinko when I read it last year, so I'd say that was a very close second.

Outside of reading I'm a huge anime fan, and my all time fave is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I really think its the gold standard for storytelling. What I generally love about it, and all anime, really, is that you never really know what's going to happen.

Am also an avid crossfitter. Just finished the open this year and managed my first hand stand pushup, so I'm feeling pretty happy with myself still. Next year I'd love to get a ring muscle up. That's really the holy grail in crossfit.

Anyway, I figure that's enough about me and won't give my entire life story. I hope I can be a valuable member of the community and contribute in a positive way.

Pleased to meet everyone!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the forum! It's a pretty great place to hang, find community and advice!

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Snuggle. Yeah, I'm finding that out quite rapidly! Was always a little daunted by the format of this place, but have really taken a liking to it. Has a lot of similarities to AQC but a much greater variety of topics seem to be covered.

thegirllikeme

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new here too, and I wish you luck in your writing journey ahead.