New here, and yet not so new.

tb0099

Registered
Reaction score
Missouri, home of corn, cows and annoying weather
I joined this form years ago, 2014, to be exact. Its been a life long goal of mine to become a published author, and if i were lucky to create a career in writing. Im 35 now, and i know its never too late to to start, I am a late bloomer.

I love science fiction, horror, and fantasy, and I would love to write some compelling fiction one day.

A little about myself. While I do love writing, it has always been forced to the back burner due to life. Helping my family, working a more than full time job, fighting depression, starting my own family. I want to change that. I want to follow my heart, so to speak, and pursue the life of a writer. Its been over a decade since I have written on a regular basis, and I feel as tho I am starting from square one. I'm hoping that this form will help provide some much needed inspiration and guidance.

Wish me luck.

Chronodendron

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome:

No, it's never too late (or so I tell myself). I wrote my first novel when I was 15 but life got in the way and it took me 20 years to finally publish something. :Shrug:

Good luck on your journey! :)

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Hello :welcome:
Many people have their first novel published in their 40s, 50s, older... it's never too late! Look at it this way: you now have a greater wealth of world experience to draw upon. Why don't you try starting small, some micro or flash fiction, then try to complete a short story. If it's completing a novel you have your heart set on then give it a shot after you are back into the habit of writing. It may take you longer if you don't have much time, but even writing 100 words a day adds up.

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome tb!

It's great that you want to get started and write a novel. I think if you follow your passion and enjoy the process, aka not only obsessing over the end result, you can't go wrong.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was thirty-five I was working to support a wife and family.

I enjoyed reading but never wrote anything beyond business correspondence. Flash forward almost thirty years and - having retired - I finally decided it was time I either wrote something or stopped wondering if I could. Three months and 100,000 words later I typed 'The end'. Super feeling. Flash forward another couple of decades and that story is now edited, trimmed, and beta-read down to a lean, mean, 50,000 words.

At last I'm only a whisker away from submitting and -touch wood- publication.:snoopy:

Welcome back, tb0099- Late bloomer? Compared to me you're an early spring rose - go for it, enjoy it, and good luck. :Hug2:

PS- Should have said- although it's probably obvious - I'm not a career writer. If I get published, that's a bonus.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back