Just finished the sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh! I can't believe how much I have accomplished these past few weeks. A little backstory: when I was around fourteen (I'm guessing as I don't exactly remember, but I do know I started this project the year I was around 14 when I went to a certain family reunion- and I started it around then) I wrote on a community forum just like this one almost, but for a group age much more along my lines at the time. Some of you might remember it, but it was James Patterson's "Maximum Ride" based forum. I do not know if it is still up and running now but I was on that page almost every day.

There was a forum set up for people to submit their stories for others to read, and I did so as well. I don't remember which ones I posted, and I bet I probably don't have them anymore, LOL. Anyhow, I remember asking on the forum, some suggestions for my next male lead's name. I wanted something different and unique, and that's how I picked Axton for my new novel.

I don't remember if I tried writing anything at that time with him in the book, but I remember a year later, I entered high school, and that is when I was introduced to my first paranormal romance novel- the "Night World" series by L.J. Smith (also the author of "The Vampire Diaries") and so, that started my love for the genre.

I got to work soon after, starting up my own paranormal romance with Axton at the helm. I stopped and started, didn't get much going, even scrapped it and tried another way going about my plot, then stopped it entirely as I got inspiration for other books and started them instead, such as my werewolf novel I would like to get back to someday (Caspian is the ML there). As I went through high school, I would periodically come back to it, but would never get much done.

I stopped writing entirely when I got to college, thanks to a certain ex-fiance and him introducing me to a video game I got addicted too for a few years.

So now, at the age of 25, I just got back into writing a few weeks ago. After I took up a start up creative writing course online, I pulled out my flash drive and fired up my vampire novel. Let's just say the fireworks exploded as I have been writing and writing almost non-stop since then.

I think I had about 40,000 words already. In the span of just a few weeks, I FINISHED the first book at a whopping almost 70k word, 257 page novel. My fire for my characters didn't stop, as I started up a new document for the sequel, and in about two weeks time, I FINISHED IT! Although it's a bit shorter than I anticipated- 54k words, 202 pages. I'm sure more will be added for both as I continue to revise and think about some parts I can add in, though.

I'm so excited! But also, a bit sad, as I've gotten this done so quick. This series, I have planned for four books, and to be done with two already, I'm a bit beside myself as I don't want to be done with my characters so soon (if my rate of writing continues the way it is right now). I love my characters so much! And it will be a sad day when I'm finally finished. I don't want to stop, but I don't think I have any more material that can "best" the four books I have planned right now to continue.

Alas, I'm going to enjoy what I've accomplished so far! Sorry if this was a bit long to read, LOL.

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I started up #3 last night and got about 20 pages before bedtime, LOL. When I'm on a roll, the words just fly out of my imagination, but when I'm stuck, I'm STUCK and little to nothing comes out haha. I love what I'm writing but hate that it's going by so fast!

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I forgot to say this, but I know how you feel about not wanting to stop and dreading the ending of your series. That's how my trilogy turned into a 16-book series.

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
@The Second Moon, Wow! That's amazing! Unfortunately I don't think I can go that far with my series. With my overall plot, I can only drag it so far for the big kahuna "ending" in the 4th. I know I can get a 5th off that results from the surprise epilogue, but that will spoil basically the whole series if I say what it is. The best I can do is the 5th would be the a few years of the ML's life after all that happens up to the events of the epilogue, and finished with a feel good ending after.

Besides that, I would love to write the whole series in Axton's POV, so that could give me a bit more life with my characters as well. Since this series is in my female lead's POV.

If I can somehow think of more with them later on, it would probably be after the events of this series. But it would have to be good enough to top the previous books and I won't do that unless I know it can, or at least rival them in a way.

kranix1

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome you found momentum after taking a break for so long. I have a couple things I set aside years ago and I hope someday I can pick them up with the same intensity you have. That videogame wasn't WoW, was it?

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome you found momentum after taking a break for so long. I have a couple things I set aside years ago and I hope someday I can pick them up with the same intensity you have. That videogame wasn't WoW, was it?

I hope you can get back into it! Once you get on a roll, I hope you'll fall in love with the projects you started :)

And no, it actually was League of Legends, haha. I haven't played in months though since the game has gone down the drain in my opinion. I'm quite happy writing when I get home from work, and if I want to play something, I fire up my ps4 and put on Elder Scrolls Online for a bit :)

SnugglePuggle

Banned
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I've gotten the sequel up to 69.6k words, from the 54k I originally ended with. I hope that's a lot better in terms of length :)

Status
Not open for further replies.