Writing Challenge Idea

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of different writing challenges come up here at AW, in the form of Holiday Countdowns, monthly word counts, weeklies, etc. with a word or phrase as the prompt. So in light of the many scripted ones, I thought it might be fun to try something different.

What if we did a weekly writing prompt based on a photo (approved by the moderator(s) of course. I know I have a ton of photos that I’d be happy to contribute in low res format from dark eerie forests to beaches, animals, and still lifes.

It wouldn’t even have to be a members photo - there’s plenty of open source royalty free photos available off micro stock sites that could easily serve this purpose too.

Dunno if there’d be any interest so just throwing this out there to see what others think...

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
There's an absolutely lovely thread over in Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits called "A Story A Week weekly prompts only" and others have tried picture prompts there. So that's available if you're game to try it. (Just keep yer image prompts within the AW standard guidelines so everyone who wants to can play.)

Since Jason is only trying to gauge interest I'll let this thread hang on here for a while for you all to let him know whether you're interested. Having games is a lot more fun when you know folks are interested and are participating.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have a shot at this, Jason.