Who Watches the Watchmen?

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But I'm not sure I can forgive them for that 'Tachyonic cannon' or whatever. TF even is that!?

SLY-A247.jpg

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I confess to being a little disappointed in the end.

SPOILER ALERT:

Two of the most kick-ass female characters on film, and one ends up strapped to a chair for the big climax while the other one stands there crying over her lost love. And the female villain went down with nary a peep. Pshaw.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
But I'm not sure I can forgive them for that 'Tachyonic cannon' or whatever. TF even is that!?

They reversed the polarity of the neutron flow!

I did have a moment last night remembering the bit in the original comic when Janey can't bring herself to stay with Jon while he dies. And then SPOILER Angela stays with him, right there, up until the end, no question. Damn I love her.

ETA to say I also agree with mrsmig about the ending. I'd pay good money for a Jean Smart/Regina King cop show. Excellent characters, and somewhat wasted here.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

We sell those at my work! Has godhood really been attainable this whole time? I feel MrsMig about the wasted opportunity tho.

They reversed the polarity of the neutron flow!

The tech was overall quite bad, since they repurposed Moore's handwavium without really thinking about it. Since the sociological implications of the tech were interesting I'm fine with it, but still...smh.

Last edited:

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
I loved this show, from beginning to end, if nothing else because I was just able to go along for the ride.

In hindsight, I agree with several of your comments about the flaws of the show, but when I was watching I didn't care.

I also thought it captured the flavor of the graphic novel without seeming so... comic-y (like 300 or Sin City).