Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Can't believe there's not a favorite line thread yet! But I just wrote one I very much like so thread make.

For clarification, my characters are winged humans.

Mara perked up when Nell entered the room.

“Any luck?” she asked as Nell hustled over to her crate. “By the way, Farrah tried to break in and get your treasure box when she moved out. I ripped out some of her feathers. You want ‘em?” She held up a handful of pinions.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Might get trumped by the rest of the day's writing, but this is probably the best so far today.

My MC is trying to be edgy.

Nixe’s grip upon her sword tightened. Ribbon flinched in response. But as easy as slapping down the heroines was, it was a fruitless endeavour. It wasn’t her mission, at the moment. “It is necessary, Ribbon. You stand in the way of enlightenment, of shedding the darkness of mortal hearts. And wherever you stand between us and our pursuit, I will drive straight through you.”

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Awesome fave lines so far! :Thumbs:

Finished a short today (I'm doing shorts for NaNo). Here's today's line (context: the android MC had been under the influence of a clandestine love potion program. Now she sees her former love interest--and his hair--rather differently).

Yes, this wretched excuse for a man deserved to die, if only for having committed the sin of sporting such a ghastly dye job.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
I was gonna use NaNo to finish some of the gazillion or so half-finished shorts on my hard drive, so of course I started a new story instead. Here's the opening line:

Stanzia's hatred is a glistening purple-black pustule, its surface swirling with the iridescent sheen of jealousy and despair. It sits on her granite countertop and pulses, bloated with the poison of her emotions.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Yesterday's:
“Relax, this is going to be relatively informal, since we don’t really know what’s going on either. But we need to know what exactly happened to lead to your calling. I assure you, you’re not in trouble and we plan on taking care of you.” If the woman’s voice was any less kind, Nell might have been worried about that phrasing. Mara “took care” of plenty of Nell’s problems. It usually involved fists.

I'm growing to like Mara. Shame I'm going to have to temporarily fridge her.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
A particular snippet that made me realize something that'd been missing from previous parts of this story:

what if everyone in school figured Nixe fit the bill, that she quacked like the kind of duck that would help a magical being turn people into monsters?

...the terrible bird metaphors/similes.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Heh. Daniel isn’t human.

“Lots.” Daniel tried a grape, swallowed, and stuck his scaly tongue out. “What did you call this again? And it’s supposed to be healthy for you?”
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.