Graffiti and rude things like that

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I just joined a Medieval Graffiti group on twitter (no, you're a nerd) and it put me in mind of this post which I still think is the best, best thing I've ever seen in all my years on AW.

Collecting penises and storing them in birds' nests was one of the things that "witches" were accused of in the Middle Ages. And it was a really popular engraving in the first century or so of the printing press.

Will send an Amazon Book of Your Choice to the first person who can guess the writer - NO GOOGLING! (I'll know if you googled.)

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Neandermagnon is my guess. :Shrug: With apologies to Neandermagnon if I'm wrong :flag:

My only other guess is Admin! With same apologies qualification :snoopy:

Last edited:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What question? :flag:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:Hug2:

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Neandermagnon is my guess. :Shrug: With apologies to Neandermagnon if I'm wrong :flag:

My only other guess is Admin! With same apologies qualification :snoopy:

It wasn't me (at least, I don't recall ever knowing that fact never mind writing about it, though my memory's crap.... lol), but I'm honoured that you thought of me :greenie

It reminds me of this time in A-level French (year 12-13) when someone put all the French books on the picture rail in the classroom (yeah, weird classroom decor...) and the French teacher was totally convinced it was me and I said "I agree it's the sort of thing I would've done but it really, honestly wasn't me" while wishing I had thought of it. My French teacher of course did not believe me at all, but had sufficient sense of humour not to want to punish anyone over it.

(I found out a day or two later that it was the German A-level class that did it.)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't me (at least, I don't recall ever knowing that fact never mind writing about it, though my memory's crap.... lol), but I'm honoured that you thought of me :greenie

It reminds me of this time in A-level French (year 12-13) when someone put all the French books on the picture rail in the classroom (yeah, weird classroom decor...) and the French teacher was totally convinced it was me and I said "I agree it's the sort of thing I would've done but it really, honestly wasn't me" while wishing I had thought of it. My French teacher of course did not believe me at all, but had sufficient sense of humour not to want to punish anyone over it.

(I found out a day or two later that it was the German A-level class that did it.)
:roll:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Of course it's Admin!

BTW, medieval street art​, please!

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BINGO!!

DM me a title and your address. (And send a chocolate to poor neander...)

What a pleasant surprise, mccardey. Just guessed Admin because I knew she knew about all things medieval -amongst a host of other topics.

Here's a couple of cookies for Neander :e2cookie::e2cookie:

Re your French books story, Neandermagnon, you reminded me of something.

In my silly schooldays back in the late 1940s I once rigged up a thread that ran up the wall from my back row desk, along to the front of class wall via drawing pins in the picture rail, then along the picture rail above the wall-width blackboard to the centre, where it dropped down behind the blackboard. When I pulled the thread, an A3 size paper rose above the blackboard until I released the thread when the paper disappeared again.

One teacher was known for repeating a particular phrase, and when class started on this particular day, the first couple of times they said it, the class dissolved in muffled hysterics from the sign with the same phrase appearing for a moment behind the baffled teacher, who couldn't understand the reason for the amusement.

I didn't get caught because I only did it three times and then left the sign concealed despite the urge to show it again. :snoopy:

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
:Thumbs: That is quite an epic level of pranking :greenie especially not getting caught :greenie

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my silly schooldays back in the late 1940s I once rigged up a thread that ran up the wall from my back row desk, along to the front of class wall via drawing pins in the picture rail, then along the picture rail above the wall-width blackboard to the centre, where it dropped down behind the blackboard. When I pulled the thread, an A3 size paper rose above the blackboard until I released the thread when the paper disappeared again.

One teacher was known for repeating a particular phrase, and when class started on this particular day, the first couple of times they said it, the class dissolved in muffled hysterics from the sign with the same phrase appearing for a moment behind the baffled teacher, who couldn't understand the reason for the amusement.

I didn't get caught because I only did it three times and then left the sign concealed despite the urge to show it again. :snoopy:

Oh, that is entirely brilliant. Utterly brilliant.

They just don't make pranks like they used to, do they? *sigh...*