• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers for MG contemporary adventure, soft sci-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Hagen

Registered
Reaction score
12 year old Jazz was taken away from home, twice. She's lost her family. How could her day get any worse? With robotic spiders, a mad scientist, secret societies and monsters in the basement! But with friends at her side and puzzles to solve, she might just see tomorrow.

My goal is to be traditionally published, so beta readers are a must to help me on my way.

This is a Middle Grade novel of approximately 48,000 words. It is contemporary action/adventure with soft sci-fi elements. The feel of it is similar to recent MG novels, "The Lifters" and "Small Spaces."

The manuscript has been through a few rounds of revisions I’m seeking betas who enjoy providing excellent feedback and are willing to answer a list of questions provided. If this sounds like the type of project you would enjoy, please get in touch. I greatly appreciate your time and interest!

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Josh.

Just mentioning, in case you were not aware, you have passed the qualifying 50 post minimum requirement to open a thread in the Share-Your-Work Forum here where you could if you wished post the opening Chapter of your novel and obtain critiques from a variety of folk with a range of writing/editing/publishing experience.

In addition, the Share-Your-Work Forum is password protected (The password is vista) so roaming internet bots cannot access it.

Beta readers usually expect manuscripts to be as polished and error-free as possible, and are normally the last stop before submission to Agents/Publishers.

Your choice. Sounds like you may have a good story there and I wish you good luck whichever route you choose.

Last edited:

Josh Hagen

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Bufty,

Thanks for the mention about posting my work. I do already know about the 50 post minimum for posting in Share-Your-Work. It's on my to-do list. :)

And not to worry Beta Readers, my manuscript has already been through the wringer. Lots of edits and revisions. Second and third sets of eyes. Presently I am looking for people to read it and give me their two cents. I would love to have readers, well, read it. And then answer some questions that I have prepared for them.

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Josh,

I'm writing a fantasy for Upper MG, set during medieval times in a world of sapient canines (dogs, wolves, foxes, etc.) It has three primary character POVs and currently clocks in at 80,000 words, though I'm hoping to trim a little more eventually.

If you're still looking for readers and are interested in swapping some chapters for a compatibility test, let me know.

Thanks,

bin

Status
Not open for further replies.