Festive South Park style Krampus, with St. Nicholas

AW Is an Amazon Associate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: OMG! Could DeVos be any more disgusting?

Threaded View

This whole thing is so revolting. I know what it's like to be working with the expectation you will receive something after X number of years (in my case it was greater contractual security at one of the colleges where I taught), only to have it pulled away on a between-the-lines technicality after fulfilling the terms (in my case, it was because the classes they had me teach had been reclassified as "temporary" units, whatever that means).

Telling young public servants they have to pay off their whole loans after all, in defiance of original loan terms, is repulsive (and illegal). Do DeVois and others seriously want to live in a world with an even greater shortage of police officers, teachers, or nurses or other public servants*? Because that's what she will get if it becomes impossible for them to make even a halfway decent living doing what they do thanks to crushing debt.

Am I a bad person for hoping someday she is in a hospital and at the mercy of some of the nurses she screwed over?

I had to laugh when I ran across the Randy Rainbow Cruella DeVois video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bca9d5A-Y_U
    Last edited by Roxxsmom; 10-31-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Please excuse me, I was raised by wolves.

My twitter - My FB - My blog