Prolific reader, new to writing

kaejomul

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself! I am super new, not only to this community, but also to novel writing in general. I've been writing for years but it's always been for work, so lots of educational pieces that focus on finance and I've also got a little blog about interior design/home renovations. But as for fiction, I've had a couple of ideas floating around in my head for years that I finally want to get onto paper. I'm not planning on trying to be published or anything like that, I mostly just want to do this for myself.

I am hoping to meet like-minded people and find some really great content on here for keeping me accountable, focused and as many tips on writing good stories as I can find!

Thanks!
Kate

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the super new from the super old. :greenie

Writing for yourself can sometimes produce the best we have to offer.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

PointlessAlibi

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the family. Im a new cookie too so we're both in the same boat!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, kaejomal :welcome::hi:

bigbluepencil

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Readers are always invaluable assets to writers. Best wishes to you on your writing journey. :)

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, there is some great material to draw from here. I've been writing seriously for about 18 months now (years of false starts) and have learned so much during the journey and while consulting resources, threads, and people here. Be thick skinned because there are a lot of differing opinions but they are all well intended. I think we're all interested in helping each other become better writers and find joy in the process. I absolutely love writing but am only now able to exploit it because my kids are grown and have left the nest allotting me the extra time to write.

Best of luck to you.

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! May you find great motivation and tools here for all of your projects!

What sort of fiction ideas are you thinking of putting to paper?