Speculative Fiction Anyone?

Badly

Registered
Reaction score
It's not technically sci-fi, it's not straight fantasy, it's not horror. I almost wish there was a speculative fiction forum around here.

That being said, how many of you on here are writing "speculative fiction"? ;)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'd use "speculative fiction" as an umbrella term to encompass all of SF, fantasy, horror, and all the lovely weird stuff in between. i.e. anything that's not "realist".

How are you defining "speculative fiction"? You've said what it's not, but what do you think it is?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Badly. I assume you've browsed this massive site for six-months so I presume there's nothing here you consider to be speculative fiction.

As onesecondglance, asks, so do I.

What do you mean by 'speculative fiction'? Do you mean the manner of writing itself is 'different' for want of a better description - nothing to do with genre?

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

A little late to this, but as the others say, speculative fiction is kind of an umbrella term that encompasses SF, F, H, and all the many vast and murky gray areas in between and around them. If you're fairly sure your work doesn't fall into Horror, I'd say this is more likely the better forum for asking questions. If you're looking for social interaction, I'd say hang out and introduce yourself in the SFF and Horror social threads (the Cantina and the Hounds, respectively) and see who you click with?

Otherwise if you can tell us more about what you're looking for, happy to help as we can to point you in the right direction. :)