Hello from the coldest place on earth!

Flamingflowerz

Registered
Reaction score
... at least we were for one day of last year! I'm bundled up here in the midwest, and bracing hard for another frigid winter. Will you believe that we've already had our first snow storm??! it's only October! anyway, on to the questions...

1. What genres do you write?

I've written fantasy/fiction so far. That may change in the future, but I'm pretty happy with it for now!

2. What do you like to read?

Growing up, I read a lot of fiction and sci-fi. As an adult, I've forced myself to try reading more non-fiction, and I've enjoyed it so far. It's hard to put down an interesting or inspirational biography!

3. How long have you been writing?

I wrote a lot of short stories as a kid, but the past couple of years are the first time I've really sat down with the destination of publishing.

4. Do you beta read?

I haven't in the past, but I'm excited to start!

5. Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft?

I almost think I can get away with saying, "the usual" hobbies. I like writing (of course!), hiking, shooting, fishing, drawing, painting, and taking care of my fish and snake. I love pets, but for now my scaled friends fit into my lifestyle wonderfully.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I can't wait to get into beta reading with you guys, and to meet everyone!

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score

Chronodendron

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

what sort of snake? I used to have a pet snake back in the day. Thinking of getting another one...

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello from the coldest place on earth!

So you're from West Yellowstone, Montana? It's been so cold there that they stopped reporting temps, which were scaring away snowmobilers and cross-country skiers. :greenie

Keep on reading and writing sci-fi. I think the genre is lots of fun, too.

I've been a competitive shooter since age ten (68 years ago). In Big Timber, one of the largest smallbore ranges in Montana was in the basement of the high school. I still shoot action steel targets for fun. :guns:

:welcome:, FlamingFlower.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

kaejomul

Registered
Reaction score
Being a born and raised Winnipeger myself, I'm going to have to challenge you on your 'coldest place on earth' comment!

1. What genres do you write? - I have a ton of experience with writing business focused/educational pieces. I am only now making my way into fiction.

2. What do you like to read? - Everything but I've been reading a ton about philosophy lately.

4. Do you beta read? - I don't even know what that is!! lol

5. Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft? - My household is a sports household. I play hockey, volleyball, handball and softball. I also coach volleyball too!

Flamingflowerz

Registered
Reaction score

what sort of snake? I used to have a pet snake back in the day. Thinking of getting another one...

He's a ball python, specifically a banana pewter morph. Hard not to choose a pet snake who literally looks like an overripe banana! I have to figure out how to reply to everyone's comments with a single reply :tongue

Flamingflowerz

Registered
Reaction score
Gonna do it the old fashioned way for now!

@CameronJohnston, thanks for the warm welcome :)

@Chase, I spent some time in western Montana (Missoula area), but no, I'm stuck in Minnesota for now! I'm in a little plain town called Thief River Falls. I had to double check that I wanted to come here for anything when I saw that name. I think I'll be an amateur shooter for quite a while, I'm familiarizing myself with guns with my .22 lever action and my 20 gauge shotgun. I really want a handgun at some point (I've narrowed my choices down to maybe a 9mm glock or a .357 magnum... if I messed up how those are referred to, don't kill me, I still suck at identifying them! alas, though, there is no money for splurging on such things for now.

@regdog, thanks for the tips! I figured I wanted to hang out for a while and try to get to know everyone by posting here and there anyway, but I'd be a dirty, dirty liar if I said the thought of mass-posting my way to 50 didn't cross my mind at least once :rolleyes: I'll definitely check out the links you posted, I'm a bit of a knucklehead about reading through FAQs, but I'll force myself to do it!

@kaejomul, alright, alright, you got me. I'll let you have it since you're from Winnipeg, apparently you guys all are birthed in the ice itself. Chase was giving me a run for my money by mentioning West Yellowstone, as well :D