Hello From A New Member

K.A Adams

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello and good morning to everyone reading this post from a newbie, this is my first time posting and actually using a site like this so I hope I get it right. A little about myself, I write fantasy YA, some would say dark fantasy but I guess it depends on who you ask.:tongue I've dabbled in a little sci-fi, steam punk and horror but mostly I stick to fantasy. I love reading fantasy of course, romances, adventures, honestly anything because I'm an open reader. I've been writing since I was in the first grade but I started seriously writing when I turned 17 and really have been pushing myself to write so I can one day be a published author. I'm open to beta read if anyone is interested and hopefully they can do the same so we can both help one another improve our writing. I like to collect books and snow globes as well as cook and bake but I wouldn't say I'm an expert in those. So thank you for taking your time to read about me and I hope to make friends with you guys soon. :heart:

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome, K.A.! It's nice to have you here, and I certainly wish you the best in your efforts towards publication. I appreciate your offer for beta reading. It's good to have a possible person to turn to on that. I may need that this winter, but we'll see. I hope your time here is pleasant and productive :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

bigbluepencil

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!
I love reading fantasy, and cooking and baking too. And, I'm no expert either at those either. I can make a mean blueberry cake though, and am pretty good at bread. Nice to meet you!

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Heyo and welcome! Do you have any current projects on the go, fantasy or otherwise?

Also, collecting snow globes sounds interesting! Do you collect them from certain places, or more for their look?

K.A Adams

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have a main novel that I'm working on that is on it's second rewrite, but I've put it aside for a bit to do NaNoWriMo for the first time. With the snow globes its either or, I unfortunately do not travel to much but when I do I am on the look out. Most of my snow globes consist of Nightmare Before Christmas snow globes.