El Camino

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Jeepers. Powerful and fun. I counted 11 Breaking Bad characters, not including Jesse. For those that don't know, El Camino is the Breaking Bad sequel movie, following the escape of Jesse Pinkman (SPOILERS!!! from the neo-nazis). It was good, and it didn't in anyway ruin the show. And of course, we now know for sure the fate of Walter White.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My only question re El Camino is, Did Todd buy Jesse that pepperoni pizza? I might need another movie to answer that pressing question.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Gawd, that's a tough one. I feel like he did, but then he only let Jesse have a slice and never bought him beer.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Watched it last night. Such good storytelling, like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was just okay. Watching Jesse Pinkman moping around for two hours isn't my idea of a good time. Walter White made the Breaking Bad series because of the depth of his character, which included a lot of humor. There was a lot of cartoonish humor throughout the series, but El Camino didn't have much of that. And why was it called "El Camino?" The Fiero had a bigger role. It should have been Fiero: Co-starring El Camino. :)

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was just okay. Watching Jesse Pinkman moping around for two hours isn't my idea of a good time. Walter White made the Breaking Bad series because of the depth of his character, which included a lot of humor. There was a lot of cartoonish humor throughout the series, but El Camino didn't have much of that. And why was it called "El Camino?" The Fiero had a bigger role. It should have been Fiero: Co-starring El Camino. :)

Pretty much the same here. Aaron Paul is a fine actor, but he's not a lead one as his film career has proven and without one to play off against in El Camino, his limitations are pushed front and center. I liked it fine and it wasn't a waste of my time, but between this and not having to wait an entire year for the next season of Better Call Saul, I would rather have the latter than the former.

And don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed that Todd (aka Jessie Plemmons aka Evil Matt Damon) had put on some poundage between now and when we last saw him in Breaking Bad. :rolleyes

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plemmons put on the weight for a role in Fargo, for which he was pretty big. He hasn't lost it all, obviously. Maybe he's old enough that it goes on easy and comes off hard.

I was underwhelmed by El Camino. Fully meh. Why did this story need to be told? There are other characters whose next stage in life could have been more interesting. (I'm looking at you, Todd. Or Skinny Pete and Badger.) The viewer already presumed Jesse got away clean, and more on how he managed didn't add much to the whole.

kranix1

Registered
Reaction score
SPOILERS

The scene where Jesse gets the gun out of the car but doesn't shoot Todd F****** BROKE me. So, so, upsetting.

I thought it made a better episode of Breaking Bad than a full on movie though. Still a cool way to wrap up Jesse's story.