• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For Beta: Dystopian Sci-fi Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
Hello community,

I'm in need of a beta or two to help critique my manuscript. It's Adult Dystopian with light Science Fiction elements (in other words, nothing to do with physics, aliens or outer space) woven into the story. Furthermore, it's character-driven and like the Dystopians of the 20th Century I wrote it with a message or two in mind, about being human; but it's more expansive in world-building (it's not set on Earth but a fictional world) compared to the likes of 1984 and Brave New World. It's about 96,000 words in all. Yes, there is profanity and some violence.

I need opinions on my characters, their world, the ending and anything you may find confusing/unclear. I have a soldier who suffers from PTSD and another who's prone to cutting herself and being that I'm ignorant in both respects (I did do research though, but still...), I could use some help as to whether what I've conveyed through these characters is as close to the real experience: if, by chance, you have experience in these areas personally or know somebody who does (and if not, no biggie). With this round of beta reading, I'm not looking to do any swaps.

Anyone interested, PM me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.