Apple Books and Walmart.com

Sarah M

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in my section, but when I click on the link or the Apple books icon from Draft2Digital it takes me right to my book's “Apple Books Preview” page. However, when I put the cursor over the “pre-order” it's not clickable. What did I do wrong?

Also, my book has been available for pre-order on Kobo for over a week and I still can't find it on walmart.com. Do I need to do something on walmart.com to find it?

I really need/want to start promoting my book, but I don't want to until everything is working as it should.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in my section, but when I click on the link or the Apple books icon from Draft2Digital it takes me right to my book's “Apple Books Preview” page. However, when I put the cursor over the “pre-order” it's not clickable. What did I do wrong?

Also, my book has been available for pre-order on Kobo for over a week and I still can't find it on walmart.com. Do I need to do something on walmart.com to find it?

I really need/want to start promoting my book, but I don't want to until everything is working as it should.

With Apple, unless you publish directly through them or you are using an Apple device where you have an account, you will not be able to see past the preview page. It doesn't matter how many books you have. I have over 50 and only a few come up for me to see because I don't have a device. The only readers who will see beyond that are those with a device or account where they can have full access. You won't be able to see rankings, bestseller lists, any further details without an account, etc. To promote the book all you do is share that link. You don't have to worry about anything else. Only readers with an Apple device or account can buy or review books there anyway so they will see everything. No one else will.

As for Walmart, Kobo has no control of when the books go up. They go up when they go up. No rhyme or reason. It depends when Walmart puts them up. Not every book will be sold on Walmart. It's up to their discretion. I have several that's not on Walmart and don't know why but they aren't. Also, they don't put up preorders I don't believe. They add books once they are live and most times it's weeks after a release IF they put it up at all. Advice, don't worry about Walmart. It's not worth it.

It's best to start promoting as soon as you get it on preorder. Your book should be on more places than Kobo and Apple. Don't forget Barnes and Noble and Google Play. Make a Books2Read universal link and use that for all stores including Amazon.

Good luck!

Last edited: