Shoot Them in the Legs, Trump Suggested: Inside His Border War

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html

NY Times said:
The Oval Office meeting this past March began, as so many had, with President Trump fuming about migrants. But this time he had a solution. As White House advisers listened astonished, he ordered them to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border with Mexico — by noon the next day.

The advisers feared the president’s edict would trap American tourists in Mexico, strand children at schools on both sides of the border and create an economic meltdown in two countries. Yet they also knew how much the president’s zeal to stop immigration had sent him lurching for solutions, one more extreme than the next.

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

“The president was frustrated and I think he took that moment to hit the reset button,” said Thomas D. Homan, who had served as Mr. Trump’s acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, recalling that week in March. “The president wanted it to be fixed quickly.”

What a freak show this man is. A yawning moral chasm with a scrim of tawdry gold paint.

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
We saw his sadism during the election. Remember one of his rallies in Vermont, dead of winter, when he was having peaceful protesters with his usual throw them out schtick, but also directed his security to take their phones and coats? Their coats, in the dead of winter. That he so quickly and casually just tossed that out, and imo meant it, showed that cruelty and something worse.

And he told us he would abuse any power he was given to indulge his sick desires.
Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.

You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they're standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good.

That's what he bragged about as a funny story. Abusing his power as pageant owner to leer at naked women in an area they thought they were protected. Adult women and teen contestants say he did it, too.

Ancient history, because it got him elected. But I'm not that astute and I saw it all coming because he told us it was.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What? No dino-robots with laser cannons? No zombie kung fu sky-sharks?

The fact that people are intent on keeping this "man" in power... I just can't...

I know you don't believe he could possibly conceive of anything of the sort.

What? Why not? I saw that happen a lot on TV when I was growing up.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that you'd hear from a kid, that if your mom heard them say it they wouldn't let you play with them any more.