OctNoWriMo 2019 - A Maple Tree Before Your Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! The winds are calmer now, but if they flare later we'll be in trouble again.

I just finished this revision of my short story (15,700 words.) It was an effort to get through it--but the draft is so much better and that's what I love about editing. I'll need another pass at it before hoping to find a beta reader for the thing, but will adjust my progress report above to mark it. A win!

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better, mrsmig, and the fires are under control, Patty.

I feel less like crap and therefore less like burning my filing cabinet down. Though I did come home to a short story rejection I had foolishly began to hope for, and it kind of crashed my day.

In terms of goals, my month was bad, but I did manage to get that story finished and submitted. I wrote a little flash piece today. And I'm as prepared for NaNo as I ever am. I have the feeling I'm going to struggle more, but I can always insert some ghosts or something if I need more words :p

Read two more ghosts book (The Haunting of Sophie Bartholomew and All on a Winter's Day). Started another (A Ghost in the House by Betty Ren Wright), where the writing is a step up (the other two were part of one of those mixed author series publishers like/d to throw out) but haven't finished it yet. So only four (short) books this month.

I did not bake anything. Oops.

1. Read five books. 4/5
2. Write and edit anthology story. Written, edited, subbed.
3. Edit one other story. Barely began.
4. Decide on NaNoWriMo story. Yes.
5. Query S&M. Nope.
6. Continue writing Haven. Yes.
7. Edit one chapter of Alyssa. Nope.
8. Write/edit each day, with one dedicated writing day per week, except for when on holiday. Days, yes, dedicated day, no.
9. Bake a thing. Nope.
Bonus: Game Crafting/Planning. Uh. Yes.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
it's nearly 9 PM on Halloween here, and after somewhere between 50-75 trick-or-treaters, things have settled down - except for the weather, which is warm, windy and unsettled. My area is under a tornado watch until midnight, and behind that front are some chilly temps - appropriate for November 1st.

I didn't get any more written on Book 5 this week. Between the distractions of Halloween, my upcoming trip and the World Series, I haven't felt like writing. I finished the Tristan Gooley book on using natural signs to navigate, and while it was interesting, I'm glad it's over. It was slow going. So that's only two of my three book goal. I got in one nature walk (1.5 miles) and another neighborhood walk (2 miles) so I hit my exercise goal for the week, but not for the month. My weight has yo-yo'd back and forth all month long; I think I'm actually a pound or so over where I started, so that goal was a fail. Sigh.

But...November is a new month and a fresh start. I'm off to start that thread, which is open to all, whether you're participating in NaNoWriMo or not. See you there!

[ ] Write 3k words on Book 5 of my series - 1,999 out of 3,000
[ ] Read three books - 2 of 3

[x] Publish Book 4
[x] Decide on promo for Book 4 release
[x] Finish writing back cover blurb for prequel
[x] Submit prequel blurb and other front/back material to formatter
[ ] Approve cover design for prequel (maybe - depends on designer schedule)

[ ] Get 1 hour of exercise every week - 3 of 4
[ ] Take 3 nature walks - 1 of 3
[ ] Lose 3 pounds - 0 of 3

[x] Decide on NaNo participation - not this year :tongue

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Final update, a day late:

[] 20k on The Vanishing - Nope, about 10k

[] Complete copyedit of F. - Not finished, about 75% done

This was a rough month due to some health issues. I'm happy for what I did get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.