• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Author Reputation Press

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
How could she be happy?! I cannot believe she sold anything like enough books to cover $25K. I suspect that like a lot of con victims, she just can't bring herself to admit she was had.

Well, she managed to get offers to speak at conferences, and her books ended up being translated into a couple different languages, so... some of it worked out for her anyway. But I don't know if she made back what she put in. After her second book, she did decide to step away from the hybrid press. I know she was working on a third, but from what I can tell it has yet to be published.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well, she managed to get offers to speak at conferences, and her books ended up being translated into a couple different languages, so... some of it worked out for her anyway.

TBF that's more than I got from a Big 5 contract (although financially I did end up in the black).

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
TBF that's more than I got from a Big 5 contract (although financially I did end up in the black).

Well, and in her case, her successes might have been due to the publicist or her agent more than the press. If she had self-published and still shelled out for a PR person, she might have done just as well and saved some money besides. Who knows?